The Student News Site of Sleepy Hollow High School

Ask Katrina #1

Sleepy Hollow's own advice expert weighs in on Spirit Week, Fortnite addiction, and getting yourself motivated.

November 7, 2018

Dear Katrina,

Spirit Week just ended, and my grade ended up on the losing side. How can I win next year?

Yours Truly,

Spiritless

Dear Spiritless,

Spirit Week, believe it or not, isn’t all about winning. It’s about coming together to show grade, and school, spirit! However, if you really want to win, there are a couple things you can do. One idea is to always participate! Contributing to different aspects of Spirit Week, like dress up days or hallway decoration night, are a surefire way to help give your grade a boost. Another suggestion I have is to always show sportsmanship. Even if you end up losing, never “boo” or insult the other teams. Trust me, the teachers will hear and you’ll end up harming your own score. I hope this helps!

With love,

Katrina

Dear Katrina,

My girlfriend wants me to quit Fortnite. She says I care more about the game than I care about her. How can I fix this?

Yours truly,

FortniteKing4

Dear FortniteKing4

For the love of God, delete Fortnite. Go outside! On the other hand, if you love playing Fortnite to escape from the daily stress of high school, try limiting the amount of time you dedicate to it. 

Additionally, make sure to always talk to your girlfriend about any problems you run into. Keeping a line of communication open between you two will serve you both well, now and in the future!

With love,

Katrina

Dear Katrina,

It’s already November, and the school year’s picking up. I still can’t seem to get myself motivated to do my homework or study. How will I manage to pass this year?

Yours truly,

Unmotivated

Dear Unmotivated,

My advice for unmotivated students is always the same: schedule it out! Invest in a weekly planner, use the planner provided by the school, use an online phone calendar or set reminders on your phone. Whatever is most convenient for you! Schedule blocks of time to do your homework before it’s too late. Get rid of any distractions: try using apps like Flora to help you limit your screen time when it’s time to get some work done. Good luck!

With love,

Katrina

Hoofprints • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in