Sleepy Hollow High School Valedictorian and Salutatorian 2018

Olivia Rudder

Olivia Rudder finishes her high school career at the top of her class and with a great attitude regarding her experience at Sleepy Hollow High School. She shared that she loves the Class of 2018 and the friendly competition that exists between her and her classmates.

Rudder has been involved in many activities at Sleepy Hollow High School, as well as in the Sleepy Hollow community. She is a co-creator and co-president of the Peer Mentoring Program at the high school, a Co-President of the National Honor Society, and the captain of the Mock Trial team. In the community, she is a volunteer AYSO soccer coach for a girls’ under six team. Rudder commented on the various clubs and programs that she participated in at Sleepy Hollow, “Everything that I have been a part of has really made me into the person I am today, and I’m really happy.”

Rudder’s ambition is driven by her ability and desire to push herself to learn and really understand as much as she can in school in order to perform as well as she can. Her favorite parts of Sleepy Hollow High School are “the people, the sense of community, and the diversity of opinions and ideas.”

Rudder will most likely be attending University of Virginia next fall, but she is still on the waiting list for other schools. She is strongly considering majoring in physics. We wish Sleepy Hollow’s valedictorian of the Class of 2018 the best of luck in all of her endeavors!

Daniel Livingston

Daniel Livingston is extremely proud to be the salutatorian of Sleepy Hollow High School, and he has thoroughly enjoyed his time at SHHS. Livingston is grateful for the opportunities he had at Sleepy Hollow, from sports to clubs to music, and even educational opportunities such as being in the Dual Language Program and the Science Research Program.

Livingston’s motivation comes from his love of learning and his desire to be the best person he can be. He ensures personal success by setting goals and working hard to achieve them, while still being spontaneous and enjoying life. He likes to have fun and joke around in class, but at the same time, he is an extremely hardworking and efficacious student.

Sleepy Hollow High School has benefitted from Livingston’s drive and leadership in many different school groups. He was the Editor in Chief of Hoofprints(Sleepy Hollow’s school newspaper); he was the captain of the Varsity Tennis team; and he was an officer of multiple Honor Societies.

Livingston will be attending Georgetown University in the fall. He will be majoring in science, technology, and international relations in the Georgetown School of Foreign Service. Best of luck to Livingston and to the Class of 2018!